Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Past Rant



Belladonna and her sister Bruja in Oct 2004.
Pretty wild huh? This was taken a month after we got our wild ones.
Bubba, one of the wild mustang geldings that had baggage that was deadly.
It took me from Sept. to January to build a safe and sane partnership and that was ripped a part by his org. adopter.
He taught me one thing, you have a 1K horse coming at you to do damage you better learn to scale 6 foot high fences QUICK.
Do I blame him? NO, because he was made into this monster. Any person in a pen would cause him to get upset. If you kept a safe distances you be okay.
But get more into his space and he start to wrinkle his nose and twitch a left ear Not pinning his ears back but twitching a left ear. That fooled me about a handful of times until I learned that was HIS way of telling me he about to come unglued.
But in 4 months we finally built a bond and softness, then he was ripped away. He was the first horse to teach me that one has to always be different in approaches and that not all ways will work.
Tule was a 8 year old mustang gelding who was cold. He had no emotion at all but one. that was his pissed off mode and when a look lbs mini draft comes at you the earth rumbles. Tule org people were good but never finished his training and taught him to hate ropes. Tule loved peppermints and once he realized that myself and husband weren't going to inflict pain he started to be a huggable bear. and that are touches were good things, he also learned to be haltered up like a pro.
BUT all these horses I no longer have or know where they are at. It bugs me because I want to know how and if they are okay. I made a mistake in 2006 trusting  family members with a verbal agreement on my mustangs and that beyond blew up, to the point they felt that trying to sell them behind my back was the only way. I had only enough money to get Belladonna and Colby back, even though the deal was set in stone and I gave them 2K worth of panels to secure a months boarding and hauling to Montana. My father in-law was suppose to get Bruja and Tule for hunting and if he didn't want them to return them, well they went from him to another relative who made the choice to sell everyone. Do you know how traumatizing that is to have a e-mail in your box with all your horses for sale? I told the person I knew of it because I didn't want a fuss started but that didn't happen. another person found out and send a rude e-mail to them and that went from bad to a living hell. I almost lost every one and I feel still to this day like my world been turned upside down.  I have been wondering for 3 years where Tule, Bruja and Sundance are. who took them and if they are in safe homes.
My poor mare on the day we got transport to get her and Colby was flipped and butt roped and snubbed to a trailer, to get loaded. Colby took 20 minutes to load and I was 1K miles away. This was the first time I saw my burro and mare in 6 months and I am still harassed that I still owe those morons money etc, because they broke the verbal contract.
This was Belladonna late Aug 2006










same date as above










same date as above
Can anyone see the difference in her from this pictures? She cold and stiff, ready to battle.
Belladonna, Tule and Sunny's butt in April 2006
During that bad few months of rain and rain and rain taken on the first day of SUNSHINE!
I was also accused of starving them, do they look starved or abuse?
Tule aka fatt a$$. this one and the one above was taken 2 weeks before we moved to Montana.
Sundance, he looks starved right?
I have always wonder why and  how people can do what has happen to me? How can people justice themselves when they accused a person of abuse and starving?
I was also told all the mustangs I had were Sh$t animals and that I need to off load them and I said no. My horses were fine but Sunny. Who carried the baggage of abuse and scars to prove that he wasn't going to start new for anything.
What made it okay to traumatize me and take my animals away? was it jealousy or greed? These people had their own horses and breeding farm, yet it seems that my mustangs they sold went fast and none of their stock was sold. I have to wonder if greed was it, yet that greed cost me heartache, pain and a mental breakdown for a while.
and still brings tears to my eyes still seeing these pictures. They all are the reason why I started my journey and barefoot trimming, because each of them told me of their time of being mishandled, beat and scared so bad they do a body shake. No animal deserves that, abuse isn't a answer to a problem. Compassion and understanding is the answer.
But compassion in this day and age seems to be a joke to most people. Those two words compassion and horses, are highly frowned on if used with each other.

No comments: