Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Hope

 

every one has had that feeling before, we as people seem to live for it. Through our most darkest hour, a sliver of hope is all we need to get by.

For 3 years I never had it, I completely lost it and started to wonder IF any thing would ever come back to place!

Last week (school started for the kids) my husband thought it be interesting to see how Belladonna would take to him handling her. Well some know that they have a very fine line of love and hate, to the point the mare at times tries to kill him. Belladonna is what she is, a one person horse that tolerates others to a point.

She tolerated the husband through the 30 mins of his play time but every chance she had she look at me with the look of  "Make him stop"

I realized also part of her issues is that I am protective of her and knew I needed to step back and allow this to happen. She tolerated him well but let him know that she ONLY allowed this because she had a mind too, anything else would of resulted in a big fit throwing baggage welding mare who pulls out all the stops.

bellagrump

He is taking the tack off her but you can see her displeasure of him even touching her.

bellasaddle1

It been 2 years since she worn a saddle and took to it like we saddle up all the time. BUT I am looking to get a English saddle because of her short back.

bellasaddle2

Again she shows her displeasure of him making her move, He was trying to ground driver her and she was NOT going for it.

bellasaddle3

Her look of "Make him stop!" and which would lead to her trying to pull away from him and come to me.

8-15-2009 (Aug) 042

I made the mistake in standing near her and she stopped. Do you see how she tighten up and ready to refuse?

8-15-2009 (Aug) 033

Yet there is hope because all through this she TOLRATED it, with out kicking, pulling or throwing a huge hissy fit that would of ended her trying to kick the living hell out of the husband.

No comments: